Elevation Certificates must be prepared and certified by a Licensed Land Surveyor, Registered Professional Engineer, or architect who is authorized by Commonwealth, State, or local law to certify elevation information. Community officials who are authorized by local law or ordinance to provide floodplain management information may also sign the certificate. Elevations must be certified by a Registered Professional Engineer or Licensed Land Surveyor if the Elevation Certificate is intended to support an application for a Letter of Map Amendment or a Letter of Map Revision Based on Fill.


Elevation Certificate Questions? Contact NTB Planning Department at 910-328-1349.


You can view and download the Elevation Certificate as well as view the online tutorial "Surveyor's Guide to the Elevation Certificate."