We are committed to ensuring that all persons who may have one or more disabilities has complete access to all the resources, communications, and services available to all citizens.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. This website’s goal is conformance with WCAG 2.1 level AA.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of this website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
2008 Loggerhead Court
North Topsail Beach, NC 28460
Phone: (910) 328-1349
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Our website is designed to be compatible with the assistive technologies and browsers, including the latest versions of Chrome, Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer, Safari, and Firefox.
If you use assistive technology (such as a Braille reader, a screen reader, or TTY) and the format of any material on this website interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us.
Accessibility of this website relies on the following technologies to work with the combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
- Web Accessibility Initiative – Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure the accessibility of this website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of possible limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
- Documents: We make efforts to ensure documents on this website are accessible. Some documents might not work with current assistive technologies if they used outdated technologies that do not support accessibility. We convert documents to new formats upon request. Please contact us if you encounter an issue or require assistance.
- Images: images within our web pages include alt tags. We do our best to ensure images have appropriate alt tag descriptions. Please contact us if you discover an image that has incorrect or inadequate descriptive text. We will take corrective action promptly.
- Audio/Video: for all users who as a result of a disability may need a reasonable accommodation to be able to access the audio or video recordings on this site, videos and audio files can be captioned or transcribed, upon request.
- HTML: our website HTML has been tested for WCAG 2.1 AA compliance using the Total Validator program. Since our website’s content is updated daily, there is a possibility that new issues could be encountered. Should you run into an issue with the HTML that you believe prevents you from adequately being able to access website content, please let us know. We will work with our website hosting and support vendor to take prompt, corrective action.
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within five business days, and to propose a solution within ten business days.