Insure Your Property
Insure your property for your flood hazard.
- Typically, there’s a 30-day waiting period from date of purchase before your policy goes into effect. Review the documents below. Review the Buy Flood Insurance Now, Before It’s Too Late document below.
- Questions you should ask as a potential purchaser of coastal real estate: NCREC “Questions and Answers on” Purchasing Coastal Real Estate in North Carolina”.
- To find out more about flood insurance, contact any licensed insurance agent.
- Flood insurance is available to almost everyone.
- Your Homeowners Insurance Does Not Cover Floods. Review the documents below. See the FEMA “Know Your Risks" brochure. Review the Ask Before You Buy: Know Your Flood Risk document below.
- Flood policies are available to homeowners, condo owners, apartment owners, renters and business owners.
- Learn the essentials to flood insurance, including what it covers, what it protects and who it protects at floodsmart.gov.
- For information regarding the Mandatory Purchase of Flood Insurance, contact the Planning Department at (910) 328-1349. Review the Mandatory Purchase of Flood Insurance document below.
- Being insured is one of your best forms of protection.
NFIP Information For...