Protect Your Property
Protect your property from the hazard.
- Determine the floor elevation relative to local flood predictions.
- Use flood damage-resistant building materials for all construction below the BFE + 2 feet susceptible to flooding.
- Do not convert the space below BFE + 2 feet to habitable space. Use the space below BFE + 2 feet solely for parking of vehicles, building access, or storage.
- Protect against high winds by installing storm shutters and reinforcing garage doors.
- The best way to protect your home is through the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Thousands of homeowners thought it would never happen to them. Don’t be one of those homeowners.